cloudiss is able to sync with Google Calendar and set alarms at the starting time of the first event on each day(*). See the below image for examples.
* Alarms are created for the next 7 days during each update (synchronizing with Google Calendar).
In this example, cloudiss is set to synchronize from 8:00am to 12:00pm* (you can change this period) with the calendar and if there are events that start during this period, an alarm is set at the time of the first event of each day. *e.g. an event that starts 7:59am is not synchronized but an event that starts at 12:00pm is synchronized in this example.
You can also set alarm offset hours to create alarms before the event’s starting time.
e.g. In the above case, Monday’s first event starts at 10:00 and the offset is 2 hours, so the cloudiss app will set the alarm for 8:00am.
The cloudiss app will sync for the next 7 days with your Google Calendar schedule. It will update automatically, or you can also update manually.
Note: the cloudiss app will need to connect to both the internet and cloudiss unit to update.
Tap [Sync with alarm] or the sync icon (circle arrow) to update Google Calendar sync manually.
cloudiss will try to update automatically using 3 possible methods.
- Approx. 3 days since the last update, while you run the app and connect to your cloudiss unit.
- When you change the iOS timezone (e.g. overseas travel or other reasons), while you run the app and connect to your cloudiss unit.
- You have left the app running as a background process on iOS, updating can occur at any time.
Additionally, if you have turned on push notifications for this app, the cloudiss server can send push notifications to the app that will update the calendar –
- A few minutes after you add/delete/modify the Google Calendar which is synchronized with the cloudiss app.
- Approx. 3 days since the last update and at a certain time every day.
cloudiss will update if the app can connect to internet and to the cloudiss unit.
cloudiss can possibly to fail to update for these reasons.
- You terminate the cloudiss app manually.
- iOS forcibly terminates the cloudiss app.
- Your iOS device cannot receive push notifications.
- Cerevo’s cloudiss server cannot send push notifications.
It is recommended you to check the [Alarm settings – Google] screen before going to bed if you have an especially important appointment or event the next day.
To sign out of the active Google Account, follow these steps.
- Tap the settings icon (calendar with gear) on the top right of the [Alarm settings -Google] screen.
- Tap [Setting/Sign out].
- Tap [Google sign out].
Note: Signing out of Google will also delete the entire calendar alarm schedule.
If you would like to be disable the Google Calendar alarm, follow these steps.
- Tap the settings icon(calendar with gear) on the top right of the [Alarm settings -Google] screen.
- Tap [Disable Google Calendar].
- You will see this screen after deactivation is finished.
Note: This action will also delete the entire calendar alarm schedule.